Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tremont Farmers Market


4/29/14 - I headed to the Tremont Farmers Market at Lincoln Park on Tuesday to check it out and enjoy the nice weather between rain storms. The weather was nice enough to wear shorts so I did!

Lincoln Park is a great venue for any sort of outdoor entertainment. There's a ton of open space, some well placed shade trees, a gazebo in the middle, a kids playground area, and even a pool. It's the neighborhood's back yard since most of the houses don't have much of a yard to speak of. That's just the way things were when the houses were built. It seemed like everyone was either running or walking a dog. The jungle gym area was full of playful kids and watchful moms. It was just a great spring day just to be outdoors. 

I decided to take my time in the park before I got to the vendors. I strolled down the park's walkways and took it all in. This was my neighborhood now. Truth be told, I still kinda feel like I'm on vacation. Mostly because my all white apartment walls don't have any pictures on them and I have this nagging feeling to get outside and enjoy every last second before it's over... so I enjoyed my stroll. I even made friends with a tiny white dog who was strangely excited to see me. I could have easily fit him in a coin purse. I called him cute and he probably barked something similar to "Sir, your hair looks awesome". Don't quote me on that. I haven't spoke dog since I dated that girl in college. Ba-Dum-Ching! I was too fat to date in college so no one gets offended. Good times.

I made it up to the vendors and browsed for a bit. It's early in the season so there wasn't a ton of fresh produce but there were breads, cheeses, and jams. The thing I loved the most was that everyone was really nice and no one was pushy. It made me think of how much I disliked the market area Gina and I went to in Mexico because everyone was like a cell phone salesman at a mall kiosk. No one would leave you alone. This farmers market was completely on the other end of the spectrum. 


I wish I was wealthier because everything looked real good. I did have a corn-dog calling my name when I got home though so I passed by the easily eatables. I did pick up a jar of marinara sauce for some spaghetti I plan on making and some homemade dirty chai almond milk. I was told that the almond milk had caffeine in it and to drink only half of the container at a time. That's good news because I like the boost of energy in the morning. The one thing I've noticed since I moved in is that the convenience stores in the area are really expensive. I'm going to have to give up my gas station breakfast of an energy drink and a meal replacement bar or 2. It's OK because that got really expensive at times. I stopped at Walmart and got a huge bag of cereal and some almond milk for breakfast and now I have some chai energy to get me through the day.

On a side note, my internet is on its way! I signed up for FreedomPop. You buy the wireless router up front (Find the >> special deal << like I did and get it for $39) and get the 1st month of 8X speed for up to 10 GB for free. After that you get 10 GB per month for around $20. You can also get 5 GB per month for around $15 or the basic package for around $10. I know there's a plan where you can get free internet for up to 1 GB a month too but I think that's gonna be too slow for me. Ask me about it in a few months when I'm broke. I'll be an expert. I like that you can install it yourself and you can change your plan whenever you want. I use an antenna for TV and Roku for Netflix and Hulu Plus. $56 for internet and TV is a pretty damn good deal if I do say so myself. I'll let you know how it all goes.



Leave me comments on where you 
want me to go in Cleveland this summer 
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.



1 comment:

  1. You're hilarious honey.
    Coin purse...
    Speaking dog...
    strolling through the neighborhood...you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete