Saturday, April 19, 2014

A List of Lists with Cleveland in them

Since everyone loves a list, here are a few to read and enjoy:
  1. 27 Things You Need To Know About Cleveland Before You Move There

    Feelings: Entertained! - This is a newer list and it definitely gets the word out of all the great things about our city including some fairly new ones and a few that are repeatedly overlooked. 

    What I learned: "Cleveland plays host to one of the few internationally recognized fashion industry events in North America. Fashion Week Cleveland is considered to be the best show in the Midwest and second only to New York’s extravaganza."
  2. The next Brooklyns ... and Detroits

    Feelings: Excited and optimistic! - Sure it's cool to be compared to Brooklyn with its hip style and rapid growth but I'm thinking it's better than being compared to Detroit or Syria. I'm not happy that University Circle, North Collinwood, and West Park get left out of the list of great neighborhoods though.

    What I learned: Woonsocket, RI is a place that exists and was known for something other than being named after a cartoon wrench.
  3. America's Most Miserable Cities 2013
  4. Feelings: Disappointed but still optimistic. - Ya we all know this list. I guess if you look at us one way we're gritty... the other way however is miserable. I can see how the contributing factors are all high on our bitch list but the silver lining is that #17 is a huge improvement over #11 in 2012, #10 in 2011, and #1 in 2010. Hopefully this year we'll be out of the top 25. I have a feeling unfortunately that Ariel Castro will have something to say about that unfortunately...

    What I learned: California, New York, Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio are miserable states according to this list. I have not the time nor energy to find out the similarities. Ok, I did for awhile and they are all different. Education, politics, religion, race... they are all different.

  5. Coupons.com 25 Most Frugal Cities of 2013
  6. Feelings: Ehh. - It's a newer list that shows how much us Clevelanders love clipping... or clicking on coupons. Ohio is also declared the most frugal state with Ohio's top 3 cities making their top 20.

    What I learned: Ohio needs higher paying jobs so we can stop this insanity already! Coupons? Maybe Gina is right on this one...

As of the day I'm writing this, only 10 people have looked at my post about changing pre and misconceptions of Cleveland. Do me a solid and click the link below. There's a funny picture. And you don't even have to read it. It'll just make me feel better... Please?
http://365daysincle.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-republican-national-convention.html

HAPPY EASTER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment