Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy Hour! - Lolita

Who doesn't love a good happy hour after work right? $2 domestics and a $5 breaded fish ball appetizer to help take your mind off the day and the stress off your pocket book. In a neighborhood like Tremont, where every restaurant has a celebrity chef as an owner and pushes the envelope on not only exotic food but ambiance, I usually take advantage of the cheaply priced food and drinks of a happy hour. Sure you pay less and get a limited menu but the food is still 4-star!

Lolita
Don't try to Google Lolita or their happy hour menu at work. You get a visit from the network security group and weird looks from the parents in your office. Instead, click on my links and check out Michael Symon's Tremont restaurant. Hey, remember when I was on TV talking about him? Good times...

When I decided to get some happy hour treats from here as my first ever visit, I assumed 2 things:
  1. I needed to get there right when it started to avoid the crowds
  2. I needed to go home and put on a tie because everything I've heard about this place screamed fancy
That being said, I went right home from work, put on a tie, and got there at 5:01 pm... now right about now is the time that you're expecting me to say "and I didn't have to do either" right? The jury is still out on this one but in a way that benefited me.

I did get there right when happy hour began on a Wednesday which is when people who can afford the place are still at work. It definitely was a sparser crowd than I expected but that's a good thing because I just went in and sat down. There were people at the bar but it wasn't full. There were a few tables taken but again, wasn't full. The waiter was attentive and the staff was right where they needed to be to be able to help you. If one of them was away, someone else stepped right in.

The young guy sitting next to me at the bar had jeans and a t-shirt on which I don't fault him for. More power to ya buddy! The 2 businessmen sitting to my left waiting for the rest of their group where in suits with snazzy haircuts. The greeter was in an odd combo but it looked expensive. I mean who am I to judge women's fashion, right? Especially when no clothes is better than whatever clothes.

So to sum up happy hour here, get there early and during the week to avoid the crowds. Plus they won't deny you at the door if you're not dressed up but show a little respect and at least have golf casual on. This is based on my experience and yours may be different... duh.

The menu has some interesting items on it but interesting in the way in which you think to yourself, "Damn, I've never seen those put together like that... but I bet it's good!" Luckily for me my decision wasn't too hard. If there's two things about my eating habits that are universal, they are:
  1. I'll eat anything with goat cheese on it. Anything.
  2. I will choose a burger with a fried egg on it over one that doesn't have one every time.
Now that you know this, you won't be surprised to find out that I ordered the Lolita burger and the 1/2 Mac & Cheese.

The Lolita burger has all my favorite things on it: hand made patty, some vinegary tasting onions, bacon, cheddar, and a fried egg. Oh and it comes out on a buttery English muffin... ya you heard me! Now I say this to you all and don't take it lightly... Best freaking burger I've ever had - hands down. If I didn't know it existed, it's something I'd make for myself and I'd buy all of those ingredients to do it too. Now I couldn't make it as well as a professional chef mind you but I'd try. So good!

Ok, so I've gushed over the best burger ever blah blah BUT I also got the half Mac & Cheese which, let me tell you, was almost just as awesome. Spiral noodles, goat cheese, rosemary, and chicken. I went back and forth between this and the best burger ever... I mean I had to. I cleansed my pallet with a sip of $2 beer between bites so the 2 awesome flavors didn't adversely interact with each other and could stay independently awesome. If you've never had goat cheese, take off your habit and chastity belt, crawl out from whatever rock you where living under, and go to Lolita for the their $5 happy hour Mac & Cheese! You will be converted. You're welcome.

I swear to God who ever came up with these 2 dishes (Michael or someone else) goes into my dreams a la Freddy Kruger and sees what I eat in that dream where I get to HS after my surgery re-coop and forget my locker combination... oh and am nude. What I'm saying here is that these are my favorite ingredients and they are prepared perfectly for me by someone who is now a food God in my eyes.

2 plates, 2 beers, no wait... $15. Oh and it's a block away from my apartment. You be jealous right now!

Look for other Happy Hour Review as my 365 Days in Cleveland rolls on!



Leave me comments on where you 
like to stop for Happy Hour in Cleveland
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment