Friday, May 9, 2014

A Dedication for Dendrite

The pre-ceremony group. Click the image to enlarge it.

5/9/2014 - Thank goodness for the Tremont West Development Corp's e-mail or I would have missed the shindig in my front yard today! Our home's mascot Dendrite, which I've written about on occasion, got herself a coming out party. All the bigwigs were there to pay their respects and take some photos. Mayor Jackson, Councilman Cimperman, some people from Tremont West Development Corp, Land Studio, and the artist and mother of Dendrite, Olga Ziemska.
There was a good size crowd that gathered around Dendrite. I heard a lot of "What do you think it means?" from the group. I got to talk to a few of the onlookers and their thoughts ranged from "Love it" to "Waste of taxpayer money". I have no idea why these people showed up with such a bad outlook but to each their own I guess. It was nice to meet some neighborhood people and shoot the shit for awhile before things kicked off. Oh and they definitely wanted to make sure that I went to the block party at the end of the month at Press Wine Bar. If I'm back from training in Dallas, I will be there.

The speeches were short but well spoken. The TV20 camera guys took the angle down the street so that they could get the city skyline in the shot. Olga did a great job explaining her sculpture and made a nice speech which included an explanation of the sculpture's meaning. Mayor Jackson, as always, made a great speech and was very friendly with everyone in the crowd. He even shook my hand right before he left! Councilman Cimperman came in and set the place on fire. His personality is something to be admired. Friendly, outgoing, and ready at a moment's notice to come in and speak from the heart. He had to run or I would have shaken his hand too. Next time. He follows me on twitter.

All in all it was a great little ceremony and I couldn't be happier that it was right in my front yard... Oh and that it didn't downpour on us. Just a few sprinkles. I love that I keep putting myself in these situation. I find it exhilarating to see first hand a city rising up to be great once again. I couldn't have lucked into being in a better place during a better time.

Here are some pictures that I took from my front porch...

Click the image to enlarge it.



Leave me comments on what you think
the best piece of public art in Cleveland is
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment