Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm going to the big "D" and I do mean Dallas!

Greetings from Dallas, Texas! I'm here for a week doing some training for work. I do love Texas and I'm always happy to come for a visit especially when I don't have to pay for it.

5/18/14 - We got into Texas in the early afternoon which gave us a lot of time to walk around downtown and sightsee. I tried to take some pictures of things I haven't seen before and of some old favorites.
A plaque by where Kennedy was shot.
Dallas County Courthouse. My favorite building in Dallas.
John F Kennedy memorial.
Dallas Museum of Art.
A jewish wedding outside of the County Courthouse.
Pioneer Plaza Cattle Drive.
A shot of downtown from what we called "Balls Park" in front of City Hall.
Some random window art downtown.
The Adolphus Hotel. My 2nd favorite building in Dallas.
I really liked this sign.
This is a random elevator that takes you underground to a fancy steakhouse.
Confederate War Memorial. It's weird to see it from the loser's side.
Klyde Warren Park is on the north side of downtown. This park brings together the 2 halves of the art's district that are separated by Rt 366. How do you ask? Well by being built over the highway of course! I have been saying for years that this should be done over I-90 through downtown. More parks are always good and not having a highway separating neighborhoods is twice as nice! It's like the neighborhood keeps on going. You can really even tell that a highway goes under it unless you're at either end. Check out how awesome they made this look:
The park entrance.
A walkway with some colorful picnic tables and chairs. They're still planting sod.
An outdoor restaurant with mostly patio seating.
Fountains to cool off the kiddies.
Green space.
More fountains.

Nicely landscaped.
So far the training has been OK. It's like school so whatever but it does give me a chance to experience lots of Dallas and sightsee. It's really unbelievable how many tall buildings are going up in the Dallas area. There are tall cranes in every direction. It really puts what Cleveland is doing into perspective... and when you compare, it's really not close. The Dallas area is booming and this is real booming. Is having a winter really that bad? I'm really trying to find that things that separates this city from home. My co-worker Eli keeps saying that people down here are so nice as compared to people at home. They are nice down here. 

Well I've got a few days left so I'll give you another update from Big "D" before I fly back. If you don't have plans this weekend, make plans to go to the Tremont Greek Festival! Great food, dancing, and ouzo! Plus all the wonderfulness of my little neighborhood. C-ya'll later! Hook'em Horns!



Leave me comments on 
if you've been to Dallas and what you liked
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment