Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sammy Does Dallas





Dallas Art Museum

If you know me, you know that I love art and free stuff. Well on Thursdays, the Dallas Museum of Art is not only open past 5 pm, it's FREE!... So of course we went.

First impressions are everything and ours just happened to be the lady who yelled at us for being where we shouldn't, touching what we shouldn't, and trying to go into a tuxedo only fund raiser in... well, not tuxedos. We did our best to regroup and shake it off. I have to tell you though that we didn't really go into the best wing after that to change our idea of the place. I think we wandered into the kindergarten art fair room aka modern art because it was just not great. I had no idea if this was going to be the whole thing or what... boy was I wrong. This place had 4 more floors and multiple wings of great art from around the world. It's a very impressive collection and there's something for everyone. We probably walked around for 3-4 hours taking it all in. Not too bad for free! Moral of the story is enter through the north entrance.





Sports Complexes

On Friday, before we flew out, we stopped in Arlington to see the football and baseball stadiums. This area not only has the 2 sports complexes, it has a Six Flags, a pretty impressive kid's baseball field, a water park, a regular park with a pond and walking trail, and a Walmart. It all covers a huge area and is really a nice place. It has a weird Richfield (coliseum) feel to it since it's between Dallas and Fort Worth but they really do treat that metropolitan area as one big city.

Back in the day I went to the 1st regular season Cowboys game in AT&T Stadium. On that day we had to literally park in Mexico but when we got close, I was completely in awe of... well just the entire thing. It was truly something that everyone should visit and watch a game in. It looks like giant space ship that is in the middle of transforming into a robot turtle beast. Totally impressive just on sight alone. That being said, I was still as excited to go back and take some pictures of the place years later. Globe Life Park is pretty impressive too but nothing holds a candle to the house that Jerry Jones built.

Globe Life Park

AT&T Stadium





Well I'm home now and thank goodness for that. The upstairs apartment at our place apparently has people living in it now. Let's hope they aren't always as loud as they were tonight at 12:30 am. I'm sure I'll meet them soon and everything will be fine. I in no way see me banging on my ceiling like a crotchety old man yelling at them to pipe down...

If you don't have plans this weekend, make plans to go to the Tremont Greek Festival! Great food, dancing, and ouzo! Plus all the wonderfulness of my little neighborhood. I'll be there but who knows when since now I have a million and a half things to do this weekend and oh joy none of them are in Cleveland again.

PS. This may be a painting of the ugliest woman ever...



Leave me comments on 
if you want to see Browns Stadium get a roof
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and then clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment