Thursday, May 21, 2015

I did stuff but nothing too exciting...

I'm tired and alone this week. Prime time to sleep!...if I wasn't campaigning for a board spot, working 7 days a week, trying to get to the gym, volunteering, and having a yard sale. And I don't care if you're busier than I am. Not everything has to be about you. None of it is too ground breaking this week but I did fit in some fun time outside the house.

I helped cheer on the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon runners from out front of the South Side. Free morning alcoholic beverages and pastries were provided...and fruit. The runner line for the porta-johns that were on the corner was very long. That would suck to get all psyched up and train for running a marathon and then have to stand in a 30 person line because you didn't eat oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and concrete protein mix like you know you should have. I would assume you'd just pee yourself, if you were serious about winning. Knowing some long distance runner, I also assume that winning a marathon is like successfully killing a unicorn dragon with your bare hands and that just finishing is a victory worth celebrating. I'll soon get to an age where that stage of my midlife crisis will come and I will want to run marathons. Until then, bacon.

I sold a bunch of stuff at our neighborhood yard sale called Show Your Stuff. Made a smidge over $100. I certainly didn't see as many people as last year and my guess is because of the marathon and the road closures. Because of that, I had no leg to stand on in negotiating price. It's OK though since that stuff is now someone else's problem and I can again pull into our garage!

We had a baby squirrel in the house. He was climbing all over the screens like he was on crack during the day and then made his way in somehow while I was at a meeting. Gina trapped him in the bedroom and I was able to get him to run out the door through a barricaded path I made for him. You may have seen the Facebook video on Gina's wall. "Yeeaahhh!"

Well as of last night...he (or another one) is back but trapped in the basement. Maintenance guy is on it and I love renting because I don't have to be. Oh and we have raccoons in the garage. I thought I left this rodent crap in the burbs?!?
Gina was on vacation most of this week so I went to the ATM, took out $150 in ones, and headed to the dirtiest, sluttiest, most despicable strip... nah. This was basically me the whole time while I wasn't making speeches or working from home for the weekend. I'm on the left, if you're confused.

Ahh yes, peace and quiet. Not from Gina mind you but from life in general. It's been a hectic month and frankly I'm worn out.


I believe Gina will be on vacation #2 this coming weekend so I'll probably be doing more of the same. I'll definitely be heading over to the Tremont Greek Festival for all of my meals! So much lamb...and Ouzo! It's a great festival and is only 2 blocks away so let's all pray for better weather than the 45 degrees and grey that it is currently as I write this.

Oh...and this happened to my house. That banner is literally bigger than one of our couches! Thank you Gina for organizing all that and a huge shout out to Jakprints for making it and the flyers.

I have the option to give one more speech to a block club that I've already presented to and then I'm done with the speeches. I still have a bunch of flyers to pass out so I'm going to continue to put them in businesses and pass them out to neighbors. Next Thursday is the day so keep your fingers crossed!

I've met many wonderful people while campaigning for this board seat but honestly, I don't think I've met (or known that I've met) anyone other than the other candidates and current board members who are members of Tremont West who can vote. With that being said, I have no idea how this whole thing is going to turn out??? I am however chasing a dream and this journey is going to be a pretty damn good consolation prize, if I lose. Big things are coming no matter what urban pioneers!



Leave me your thoughts
on any of this
in the Comments Section below.


Get my blog posts sent right to you!
Put your e-mail address under
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
on the right menu and click Submit.


LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.

Click on ads on this page and make me a couple of cents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment