Friday, May 15, 2015

Cheap Fun Time Alert!

Want a cheap night out that's sure to be fun??? Well I got one for ya. On June 5th at 7:10 pm the Indians are playing the Orioles and you can get $10 tickets in the upper bleachers. I believe that's standard when it's fireworks night. Sure you have to get out of your seats after the game and before the fireworks but if you've seen the crowds at Tribe games recently, you'll know that you should have no problem finding an open seat in an area where the fireworks can be easily viewed. (I mean com'on people! Get out to a ballgame!) Plus...they're fireworks and everyone loves those! OK, still sounds lame and not worth it? How about it's not only dollar soda night...wait for it... but it's dollar dog night too! That means you and a friend can get tickets, 6 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and watch fireworks for...

Total Convenience Fee for (2) Tickets:$4.00
Price for (2) Tickets:$20.00
Processing Fee:$3.35
Price for (6) Hot Dogs:$6.00
Price for (6) Sodas:$6.00
==================================
Total:$39.35

"But Sam, what about Parking? Isn't that like $20?!?!" 

Yes, person in my head, it is -- BUT I'm going to help you out. Ready????

Option 1: Live here and walk to the game! It's just that easy.

Option 2: Take the Rapid to Tower City - $2.25 each way

Option 3: Park for Free -
  1. Leave your house about an hour earlier than normal. You're going to want to take pictures and see the new areas in the Stadium. Plus the Indians crowd knows this trick so you have beat them to it!
  2. From 77 N once you get close to Downtown, take exit 163 to East 14th St. Usually you'll take the right lane around to East 9th but go middle lane straight on to East 14th.
  3. Follow East 14th Street through the light until it ends at East 9th Street Extension.
  4. Turn Right on East 9th Street Extension.
  5. Follow it by taking a sharp left.
  6. Turn right onto Commercial Road. This will take you under the new I90 bridge where there are 2 free parking lots that are right across the street from Progressive Field!
Um, holy crap are you welcome! 
I'm not going to account for fuel because that's your cross to bare in life depending on what you drive. That being said, for under $40 you can spend a summer Friday night watching professional sports, eating processed food, drinking sugary soda, and watching explosions. 

1st off - 'Merica. 

Secondly - You and your guest get a whole bag full of awesomeness for the price of 1 mediocre ticket to any other sporting event in town!

Now what you go do after the fireworks are over (gamble at the Horseshoe) is up to you. I'm sure that since you made your way to the big city at least 1.6% of you will want to do something afterwards. For you I say, go out and enjoy urban adventurers!!!



5/9/2015 - RiverSweep was last weekend and our neighborhood volunteered in record numbers to help clean up garbage on the streets. You'd be amazed how much crap gets thrown about or blown out of trash cans. The epic number of tires we pick up every year is just mind blowing. A company or 2 in this area that recycles tires into something like playground mulch or creates retread tires would make a pretty penny in my opinion. Anyways, the neighborhood got a good cleaning and never looked better. This is the kind of project that I love to be a part of. Take a few hours and really hit the streets to make our neighborhood a better place. I'm proud of everyone that participated and of where I live!



If you're a Tremont West voting member, don't forget to:

#SaveAVoteforSam

on May 28th at 6 pm at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church here in beautiful Tremont for the Tremont West Board of Directors!



Here is my short statement for voters to consider:

"I’m your average citizen that loves Tremont and Cleveland. I’m not rich or famous. I have a regular job and rent an apartment. I believe Tremont is the best neighborhood in Cleveland and should be used as a template for success in other places. I want residents and visitors to always feel safe here. I want to see less litter and fewer pot holes. I want to send my future children to good schools. I want my money to stay in the community through thriving local businesses and worthwhile neighborhood improvements. I want art, color, festivals, 4-star food, full storefronts, feet on the sidewalks, and bikes on the road. I believe these are the same things the majority of residents in Tremont want…We don’t want the progress to stop or even slowdown in any way. I know I can properly represent the members of Tremont West and people of Tremont in my thoughts and decisions on this Board. Let’s continue to bring everyone up and keep this neighborhood the best in Cleveland."




Leave me your thoughts
on any of this
in the Comments Section below.


Get my blog posts sent right to you!
Put your e-mail address under
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
on the right menu and click Submit.


LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.

Click on ads on this page and make me a couple of cents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment