Friday, June 19, 2015

Finals, Flea, and Do-Si-Do

6/11/2015 -  NBA Fina..fin...zzzzzzzz...up too late for a lackluster performance!
We adventured downtown to watch Game 4 of the NBA finals with what seemed like the rest of the city -- which is great since that's the way it should look on the streets and sidewalks everyday. Gina and I met my cousin Missy and her girlfriend Tracy at A Bar and Kitchen. Definitely try the steak salad with the warm bacon dressing. Yum! We had a good time even though we lost and it was great to see the bars and restaurants packed with fans. I don't think I would have hated the 9 pm start time as much as if we'd have won but as far as TV tells me, people on the West Coast do exist and for some reason they exist in the past... I know, weird right? Anyways, the finals are over and most of the #AllIn Cleveland fans will slink back to suburbs and wait for the next great media frenzy to arrive so that they can brave the dangers of the city with the rest of their white suburban brothers in arms inorder to protect themselves from the scary people who are different from them. Thanks for visiting! I hope too many of you didn't get murdered before you left.

6/13/2015 - Visitors and the Cleveland Flea
We had visitors!...And they wanted to do something non-sports related! I love when that happens. Don't get me wrong, I love when people visit for sporting events BUT it's not the only thing going on here suburbanites! Take for example >> The Cleveland Flea! I have previously blogged about my love for the Flea and for our friends that sell at the Flea and Gina finally bragged it up enough to get some people from out of town to go...namely Amy, her son Tucker, and her mom Carol. 

I was in the middle of building an ark when they showed up...see because it rained so-oh you get it. The rain stopped thank goodness so we had some clear quality time to check out the merch. I always see some great thing at the flea that I would love to get but because what little room we have is filled with Gina's brick-a-brack, I pass most times. I do love however to get ideas from the vendors on projects that I could do at home. It's like a less girly version of Pintrest. I see little projects and am able to make mental notes of what I like and what I want to try to duplicate in my own work (steal).

After a fun time at the Flea we went to the West Side Market to pass some time before our reservations came up at TownHall which is always fun except we drove so parking was a nightmare. That's the price you pay though and I don't mind...until I get a parking ticket....which I got! Anyways, TownHall was great as usual. Their brunch was more of the same super-healthy but super-tasty twists on old favorites. Eggs Benedict. Amazing.
After that we retreated back to Tremont and the gals went shopping while I kept Tucker busy...well as busy as I could. Then we stumbled onto a pleasant surprise. Free Ice Cream! Oh the best 4 letter word ever. And it was at Tremont Scoops so it was extra good! I swear the next time I hear Gina say "I'd kill for a Dairy Queen around here" I'm going to bash her skull in with my Leopards High School football helmet. "You can take the gerl out da cuntry but you's can't take the sheep shagging out the gerl..." I think is how part of that old Irish saying goes.

Anyways, see what fun you could have if you were real friends and came to visit every once in awhile??? God I sound like my Grandma Vozar.

6/14/2015 - Pancake breakfast fundraiser with folk, roots, and bluegrass
We went to a pancake breakfast fundraiser at the Cleveland Hostel for the Hingetown Hoedown. I've said for years that we should have our own music festival because...you know...birthplace of rock and all that. I'm happy to see that it's a folk, roots, and bluegrass festival because I'm selfish and that's all my favorite music! Akron's own Gage Brothers played the fundraiser and were great! They'll also be playing at the Hoedown which is more than enough reason to go. If you also like that type of music or you just feel like donating, please visit their site and help make this successful. I'm so excited!!!



Leave me your thoughts
on any of this
in the Comments Section below.


Get my blog posts sent right to you!
Put your e-mail address under
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
on the right menu and click Submit.


LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.

Click on ads on this page and make me a couple of cents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment