Friday, October 31, 2014

Random Stuff this week

Well unfortunately for y'all I didn't get as many views on my last post as I thought I would so you don't get to see the new hilarious "Gina Dancing" video on YouTube. Too bad because it's really funny. I actually thought my last post was a shoe in since the one before that got over 100 views and I @ mentioned a bunch of people on twitter. I guess it'll have to wait for next time.

As for my Merwin's Wharf post... I did hear back from them with an apology and a request for feedback. I'll get to that someday. I also heard from my Aunt Fran who went through a similar experience there recently with the same stupid Clam Bake!?! I'm kinda sad that my experience wasn't just a fluke but I'm also happy to know that I didn't write that post for nothing.

I had to read a post to Gina that didn't get the attention that it deserved, including her attention. It made her laugh and she had great things to say about it... which means she was being nice and only 1 or 2 of you will like it. If you don't want to read the whole thing go down to the part about honoring famous Clevelanders. I don't want to toot my own horn but I thought it was funny:
http://365daysincle.blogspot.com/2014/09/browns-boondoggles-freshwater-and.html



Don't ever lose your wallet... this has been the worst week ever because of it. If you do, make sure you have your passport or you're sunk! This has nothing to do with 2 sections down. I lost this one on my own.



May the Foie Gras be with you!
Happy Halloween! We have no parties to go to and really no reasons to wear our costumes. We did dress up our cement goose but only ironically. It's kinda sad really but after last weekend with my friend CJ and his new gal pal (God does the phrase "Gal Pal" sound awful... ewww) Heather, I need to catch up on sleep. Gina and I took them to Greenhouse Tavern on East 4th for some delicious food and then to Hilarities for a show. After the show we headed to the Chocolate Martini Bar in the Arcade. We indulged in a few alcoholic chocolate treats and were then done with downtown. Lastly we headed to the Treehouse in Tremont and drank "angry balls" until we blacked out, broke a glass, lost Heather, and threw up all night... and by "we" I mean "me". Man am I old. I did beat CJ in arm wrestling though which I only know because Gina told me I did. She may just be being nice though. Either way good times were had by all... except Gina... who was on call.



A negative to living in an urban area is crime and we are all susceptible to it. This week there were a rash of burglaries from cars in our neighborhood including Gina's. They smashed the passenger window right in and took her purse and GPS. Fortunately she has nothing in her purse worth anything. We found it a block over hanging from a fence with nothing missing from it, not even the cash that was in it. The GPS however is long gone... BUT thanks to my awesomeness, we kept the box around and were able to give the police a serial number in case it was found.

The more we talked to neighbors and police, the more we learned of other and much worse thefts this week around Tremont. We learned a few new tips from the police about how to make your car look like it was the scene of a sex crime murder/suicide and now a homeless person sleeps and bm's in it. Needless to say we are taking the proper steps to keep our stuff safer from the scum that would steal from another person.

Oh and for the smashed window in Gina's car... we don't have to worry about that anymore. Why you ask? Because she got a brand new one! A gun metal grey Passat and boy is it roomy! I'm kinda bummed she didn't go American but you can't win'em all. I'm just glad that I don't have to bend my head to the side just to fit into it anymore! Congrats babe!



I didn't get a chance to go downtown and celebrate the return of Lebron James and opening night because I had to work late. Boo-whoo I know right. The city looked great on TV and it was nice to be in the spotlight for awhile with all the attention and whatnot. Cleveland went all out and the fans were as die hard as ever. I was proud... proud of my city.

As for the game however... well I will be the first to admit that I have no idea how to coach basketball and my game is terrible. I dribble with one hand and shoot like a monkey flinging poo so it's hard for me to criticize. I did take this screenshot of the game last night that I think sums up what I witnessed:


Was it embarrassing that they lost after all that build up? Sure it is! Does it ruin Cleveland's coming out party to the sports world? See that's the great thing about being part of something bigger than yourself. We, the city, won last night. The river didn't catch on fire. Jimmy Dimora didn't escape from jail and streak down Euclid Ave. We didn't have to file bankruptcy after paying the electric bill for all of the lights and speakers. Just like that sense of accomplishment after the Gay Games was over, we once again didn't fail as a city when the stakes were high. We're starting to string together some victories Cleveland. Good on ya! OK, I love you buh bye...




Leave me your thoughts on
any of this
in the Comments Section below.


Get my blog posts sent right to you!
Put your e-mail address under
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
on the right menu and click Submit.


LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment