Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nom Nom Nom

So in my livings here in Tremont I have had the chance to eat at some great places so far. The thing Gina and I are trying not to do is eat out every night so we can A) fit through the door in 6 months and B) continue to be able to pay rent. It's true that the great restaurants here in the neighborhood have wonderful food but they can be kinda pricey. Your best bet is to treat yourself every once in awhile and make sure to hit up happy hours and specials whenever you can... oh and start working out! This is all contingent on if you're like me - barely making it by financially and have 0 metabolism to speak of. If you have neither of those traits, go nuts!... And send me money... but like old money that's just siting around not doing anything. Not like brand new crisp money.

Dervish Grill

Dervish Grill is way at the other end of Professor. OK, I do say "way" like it's not a 5 min walk from my house but it is significant because it's not in the heart of everything around the Lolita/Press/Dante/Banyon Tree area. That may not make a difference to Tremonters who are use to the size of the neighborhood and where everything is but location is everything to use newbies and to other outsiders. Now with that being said... wait for it... if you like Mediterranean or want to try Turkish food, find this place! Gina and I went and the food is not only great but the atmosphere is great too. These places all have the feel as if they were retrofitted into buildings that weren't originally designed for business and I really like that kind of look and feel. It gives you a unique setting that isn't really out there in the mainstream too much. I ordered the a gyro which was served with a combination of season lamb and beef. If you get there around lunch, I was told that you get the freshest cuts of both in this meal. They were fresh and delicious. I actually ate them so fast that I made quite a mess of my area. Next time we're going to ave to bring the bag attachment to catch my shavings. Gina got a white bean salad that was great and refreshing. I may get it on a 99 degree 132% humidity day as a pick me up. The baklava dessert was a fitting ending to a wonderful meal and probably the best I've ever had. We sat in a cute little curved corner booth and enjoyed every minute of it.

Bac Asian American Bistro and Bar

1st and foremost when it comes to Bac Asian American Bistro and Bar, bring your appetite. The servings are huge. We stopped by Bac and sat on their great front outdoor patio to get some dinner. They have lots of variety on their menu and each meal looked delicious and packed full of ingredients. We started out our meal with Summer rolls and if you haven't seen a roll wrapped in soft rice paper then you may be in for a weird surprise. It looks like white skin and the texture is like sticky rice. These aren't strip mall Chinese egg rolls like you may be used to. If you can get past the look and feel, it's worth it for the refreshing taste. I got the Pad Thai and Gina got the Avocado Green Curry. The Pad Thai has a peanut sauce on rice noodles, chicken, shrimp, and veggies... and the portion is huge! It looked like a family style portion. It was delicious too and I had to struggle to eat it all. I keep stressing the refreshing flavors of the meals and the refreshiness of the ingredients was a perfect compliment to the fullness I felt after eating it. The Avocado Green Curry was spicy and good. It comes with lots of curry so if you like that I definitely recommend it. The price of the special drinks are kinda high so bring your wallet if you plan on fancy drinking. The patio is a major perk so head there on a beautiful day and enjoy!

Edison's Pizza Kitchen

Last night I had a hankering for some pizza so I stopped out to Edison's Pizza Kitchen. I tried to pre-order but their link to foodtoyou.com didn't seem to take me anywhere. It was OK though because during my 30 min wait, I grabbed a beer at Edison's Pub. The pizza is greasy deliciousness and if you like your pizza like that, it may be the best in the city. The sausage comes in huge chunks and is spicy Italian (like me). The crust is painted with a garlicy butter sauce and sprinkled with shaker cheese. Once you get to the crust, you can dip it in the honey that they provide you for a nice little treat. The whole pizza experience was awesome and the pie is so big that I will be eating it for days to come. Edison's also has sandwiches and other pizza shop type food like calzones. If you're in a hurry, you can get a cheap slice too. Edison's pub has tables for you to eat the pizza at while you grab a drink or 5 if you're out for that too. I'm so happy that this is so close to my place and it will be my pizza of choice while I'm here.



Leave me comments on 
your favorite Cleveland Restaurants
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and then clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment