Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Indians vs Angles - Swisher Sweet

6/19/2014 - Cleveland Indians vs LA Angels

My work (which in no way shares in or promotes my opinions on this blog) gave employees a $25 ticket (which included a $5 voucher) to an Indians game last week. The tickets were in the left field bleachers but it's early in the baseball season still which means that there are lots of good seats and standing areas to move to to watch the game... you know, if you do that sorta stuff... I for sure do not!... probably.

My co-worker Eli met me at my place and we hiked the 15 mins through the flats to Jacob... Progressive field to watch the game. It was a great day for baseball! The temp was in the 80's and early rain had cleared out most of the humidity. Hot in the sun and cool in the shade. The perfect weather for getting paid to be at the ballpark!

The game for the most part was pretty par for the course. We paid attention as long as we could and then went to eat and roam around. I decided to not eat lunch beforehand so that I could partake in some ballpark hot dogs. With my $5 food voucher it seemed like a great idea to get 3! After eating we camped out on the Home Run porch in left to watch a few innings. I do love watching the Indians live. I grew up going to some great games in this ballpark and feel some sort of connection to it and comfort with it. I haven't been to too many games over the past few years because it's just so damn expensive. Thank goodness work gives us discounted tickets to sporting events sometimes because it has allowed me become a fan again. It's definitely one of the perks to working for a hometown employer that advertises!

Snuck down while the security guy was taking a dump. Great view!

I'll cut to the chase on this one since I'm writing about a baseball game... The Indians were down by a run in the bottom of the 10th. The bases were loaded and there were 2 outs. Nick Swisher was up and was 0-4 for the day. Now I'll digress a bit but only to add my own little bit of sports magic to the story... Before we left, Gina asked me to pick her up a jersey since "your sister lost a bunch of weight and can fit into the one she gave me again so I had to give it back." Indian giver of an Indian's jersey... yup. So while wandering around about mid game, I stopped into the women's pink ribbon tight-fitting bedazzled gift shop. After coming to the conclusion that whatever I get Gina she wouldn't like but would pretend to, I got her a Nick Swisher jersey/shirt thingy. I think women think he's hot and she usually likes guys that all women think are hot so I went with it... now fast forward back to us sitting in way better seats than what we started out with and Swisher at bat. Now watch the video to see what I made happen with my purchase:



I've never seen a walk off grand slam in person before this but I have to tell you... it was awesome! I haven't really cheered that hard and loud in that stadium in some time. It was a good feeling. It was great high 5'ing strangers and Whhhoooooing as loud as I could. It was great to see him getting mobbed at home plate. It's nice to feel anything positive about Cleveland sports these days. I have to say that one of the great perks to living in Cleveland has been being able to easily get to these things. Oh and not having to leave early to beat traffic... I'd have missed this little gem if I did.

My next great sports adventure will be on Thursday (6/26) when Gina and I go to the Cavs draft party at the Q! You can't beat free tickets... that should be my catch phrase. I say it enough. Oh and if you wanted proof of my sports magic...
You get'em girl!



Leave me comments on 
what you think about Lebron being a free agent
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and then clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment