Tuesday, January 26, 2016

I'm Now Our Block Club Co-Chair

So I won an election! I'm now the co-chairperson of our block club. Our name is as unique as anyone else's block club I guess, North of Literary. You know, because as you can see below we exist North of Literary Road. Why complicate things. Anyways I was elected to help chair the block club and am damn happy to step up and help.

This is Tremont...sorta. Our boundaries include the Cuyahoga River to the North and East, MetroHealth Medical Center to the South and West 25th Street and Columbus Avenue to the West.
This is North of Literary. Our little slice of heaven.
We have great restaurants like Sokolowski's, Fat Cats, Parallax, Southside, Tony's SouthsideLolita, Press, and Barrio. Man that's a lot when you list them all together. We get our coffee from Loop. We rock at Pat's in the Flats. We get our beer and chips from the Fairfield Market. We have the only Bank in the neighborhood, Fifth Third. We ride our bikes past people taking pictures at the Abbey Ave Park by I90 with the best views of downtown behind them. We sneak into downtown across the W 3rd lift bridge. We party at the Greek festival, Dyngus Day, and Taste of Tremont. We'll have the towpath trail cutting through in a few years which means connections to the lake and all the way down to... Canal Fulton? Right? Dover? Somewhere south. We have churches and salons and other businesses too. Oh and according to Trulia, we're Safe! Best of all though we have a group of really good people living here who are very active in the block club. I couldn't have stepped into a better 1st leadership role.

My block is all green! Yikes, poor Ohio City.

I can't wait to get started and make difference in neighborhood. It's a good feeling. Oh and if it wasn't obvious, COME TO TREMONT AND VISIT NORTH OF LITERARY! We've got all sorts of stuff for you to do!



OK, enough about me. Read this blog post. It's awesome and the writer is pretty much my hero:

http://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2016/01/cleveland-ready-to-scrape-skies-more.html



Sometimes friends of the urban area, you get a look at change from a macro level and it gives you hope.



Leave me your thoughts
on any of this
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you!
Put your e-mail address under
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
on the right menu and click Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.

Click on the ads on this page and 
make me a couple of cents!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment