Thursday, July 31, 2014

Taste of Tremont

As I sit here at the Coastal Carolina Regional airport waiting for my flight that was delayed to Atlanta, I have some time to blog away about the last Clevelandy thing I did before vacationing in North Carolina. The Taste of Tremont is a yearly neighborhood celebration of everything Tremont. They close the business strip of Professor Ave and all of the area shops, restaurants, and galleries set up stands on either side of the street. Some are as simple as an outdoor table with employees selling the same thing they sell inside their storefront. Others are elaborate beer gardens with a stage, sound systems, and a band playing. It really is a good ole neighborhood block party... except this one has 4 star food booths and designer boutique stands.


We were lucky enough to have the main beer garden and stage right outside our place. We got to drink our own beer on our own front porch and listen to some great local bands play tunes all day long. We did decide to venture off our porch out into the crowd... although I was kinda content right where I was. It really was an awesome spot!

Gina's cousin Kerry stopped out to enjoy the day with us. After listening to some tunes we all decided to venture out for some grub and to check out the shopping opportunities. Once we turned the corner and started on our way, I could tell that the ridiculous amount of people they had predicted were going to show up wasn't as far fetched as I had previously thought. Seriously, it was packed and I was so happy to see everyone come down to enjoy Cleveland! Tremont does a great job getting people into the neighborhood for some reason or another. Eventually you think (as I did) "There are so many reasons I come here, it would just be easier to live here and cut out the drive time!"

The food booths were hard to choose between. Not only did they all look great but there were some places there that Gina and I hadn't ventured to yet. Lines were long for some like neighborhood favorite Sokolowski's. Most others were at least a few minute wait. I got an italian sausage sandwich but from where I couldn't tell ya. It was good as I equate it to summer in my mind so it was perfect for the day. There were tons of other options such as gyros, burgers, pasta, pizza, and tubular meats a plenty.

In case you're keeping track, I'm now at the Atlanta airport. I got to spend the night at fancy hotel on Delta's $ since they made me miss my flight...

Gina and Kerry did the shopping and general goods browsing. There were the same kinda booths set up as you would see at a Tremont or Cleveland flea type of event. I don't mean to sound put off by it at all but it's the best way to describe it without spoon feeding you the experience. The main goal of all of this is to get you to come out and experience it yourself... or at least get you to go to the websites. I will tell you though that I got a bag of Chai Tea and a fancy drinking bottle from Gina. I love getting gifts!

Two places to note in our travels that day: 

1) Churned Ice Cream - Delicious and off the wall flavors keep us coming back to Churned for ice cream. We took Kerry there for what I suspect was technically dessert #3 of the day. Ya, we know how to party! It does me no good to pick out anything specific because everything we've had there is awesome... ok, Maple Bacon with French Toast. Get it and let it blow your mind.
2) Brewnuts - I'm literally going to start telling you every time I go to Brewnuts until you send me an e-mail that says you went! You don't know what you're missing! No more Giant Eagle dough circles of blah. Every time you get bakery from Giant Eagle you send money to Pittsburgh and it goes right into the pockets of people who love the Steelers... ya never thought of it that way huh? Yingling too! Stop it people! Support a local brewnut where the brew is also local. The one I had was made with Christmas Ale and it was delicious! Ya, Christmas Ale! You know, that thing you fight to get a hold of come December and then try to ration for the rest of the year until you can get your hands on it again.

Kerry enjoying her 1st Brewnut! I wouldn't be surprised if she was addicted after the 1st smell. We were!
I'm thinking it was Christmas in July or something... Get her Santa Shark!!!



Leave me comments on 
what you're most excited about in Cleveland
in the Comments Section below.

Get my blog posts sent right to you 
by putting your e-mail address under 
FOLLOW BY EMAIL 
on the right menu and then clicking Submit.

LikeShareStar, and +1 the blog on Social Media by 
clicking either the Buttons below after Posted by or
the Icons below the comments at the bottom of the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment